Monday 1 November 2010

Srap-top Dreams



For over a month, my Dell Inspiron laptop has suffered from a faulty keyboard. Certain keys on different rows refused to function. After trying all the software solutions known to man, I set about taking my machine apart. I removed the individual keys and cleaned out all the fluff and left over biscuits. Unfortunately, it still refused to work. Therefore, I resorted to using the ‘Ease of Access’ keyboard and an additional one plugged in for good measure. I should have just tapped this external keyboard on top with some gaffer tap. I even took it to job interviews in such a state, explaining, by giving a demonstration, how many of my keys were on strike.

My laptop now looks like a car wreck or a piece of space junk. I decided not to bother screwing it all back together. I even went to two shops for a new laptop, but they didn’t have the right colour so I didn’t spend money. I resorted to just putting up with it and then even became too tight fisted to pay out for another keyboard.

Then it all started to get a bit weird ….

It was a late night watching a DVD. I shut my scrap-top down at midnight. I felt cold in bed but fell into a deep dreamful sleep. I dreamt that my laptop keyboard suddenly started working again. I was perplexed; all the keys that didn’t work were now acting fine. I even dreamt about the parts leftover that I would need to put the whole laptop back together. Think of the money I had saved! Then at 8.30, I woke up, still cold.

I fired up my scrap-top and spent a few minutes checking Facebook and the BBC News site. The later always was a pain as the ‘b’ and ‘n’ keys, plus the Space Bar refused to work.

Bam: My keyboard was working again (apart from some top keys) 75% life back??

Was it Jesus? Was it the power of the mind? What’s going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment