Monday 19 April 2010

Out with the old, in with the new




I have been rather green fingered at the moment. It always seems to be the case when I am supposed to be revising for exams; I end up gardening for hours. At present, our inherited 1970s dumping ground garden is a mess. This is due to it being neglected for decades. I spent hours trying to clear all the rubbish and weeds and make a little haven. I even uncovered a path lost under 5inchs of soil and a patio lost under 2feet of soil, which has had to stay as there is no way I can shift that amount of soil with a bucket. The lawn is uneven and as bald as a snooker player in one corner. Therefore, I am trying to bring it back to life.

A few weekends ago, I made a little trip to buy 43 plants, which are no growing well, despite the slugs having a nibble at the Geraniums and the rabbit eating the flowers off the Pansies. However, as there is no budget allocated to the project, I need to find plants where I can.

This week I have planted: Potatoes, Garlic, Chives and Parsley. Oh, and some Lemon Grass. I also have Tomatoes, Green Beans, Chillies and Marigolds as little baby seeds sprouting indoors.

As I am planning on getting most veg from the garden I need to up the scale. So that means Courgettes and Pumpkins as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment