Friday 29 January 2010

iPad and coffee


I'm not a big Apple fan. I don't get excited by their stuff that much. I don't need a white laptop to look cool. I do however like the playfulness of the apps available for the iPhone. When I heard that Apple was launching a new product I was intrigued like the rest of the population.

So we have it, the iPad. It's interesting. It's a smart and a correct move for technology. However, here's what I really see.

This device has to find a use. It isn't hard to figure out what that is; browse the internet, read stuff online etc. That isn't the difficult part. The problem is, where this device should come into use is whilst you are sitting in a coffee shop and instead of picking up a half mangled grubby newspaper, you should now pick up the iPad. In addition, when you are n the hairdressers they should be giving you an iPad so you can browse a database of style. The point of this is it has to cost as much as the newspaper or the magazine so people aren't tepted to run out the door with it. It needs to be 'an iPad for £1'.

So we still have a long way to go before this device is where it should be, available for all, everywhere and at a tiny cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment